Monday 5 January 2015

eBay 3.4.0 upgrade for iPad

Wow! I just got stung! Unfortunately I upgraded the app the other night as it only noted some additional improvements but not detailing that this had been completely redesigned. What a disaster. It seems like they've tried to duplicate Pintrest. Ok, I love Pintrest for some things, but I liked previous eBay interface as it was. This is terrible. I'm now relearning navigation and most of my home screen is taken up with a useless image. Not what I wanted.

Now, the worst part is that Apple do not provide any way to be able to roll this back unless you keep a backup. Huh??? I have to keep the backup when they have a server that contain all the old versions of the app. Why can't I just delete and re-download from them?

Why, why, why eBay. It's been nearly a month now and you still have not rolled back despite so many 1 star reviews. What happened to releasing new functionality as new versions and not just upgrades. It seems now I will have to either a) suffer b) not use eBay (the most likely choice) or c) go back to using the web-page, which pretty much means like b). At least I have not upgraded all my devices yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment