Monday 5 January 2015

Royal Institution Christmas Lectures

An essential part of the Christmas/New Year break. This years' Royal Institution Christmas Lectures 'Sparks will Fly: How to hack your home' excelled again at bringing technical concepts into the home to a younger audience in an understandable and enjoyable way. Prof. Danielle George was inspiring and a real engineering role model. 


This year was particularly enjoyable as the first time I was able to watch it with my own children. I remember how inspiring these were to me when I first saw them.

The final of the three was just brilliant as it brought together hacking electronics, software and music into a learning journey that lead to a final climatic orchestral playing of the Dr Who theme tune. Great and inspiring stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment