Thursday 23 January 2014

Seeeduino

I'm posting this to admit to a 'doh' moment. I have had a Seeeduino sitting the draw for a year now and have been scratching my head with various little Arduino projects frustrated that the standard Arduino board is not plugable into prototyping boards yet liking the ease of plugging some pre-made sheilds in for a quick make. The obvious reason for wanting to plug into the proto-boards is to make all the other wiring neat and easy to fit rather than cramming onto another shield.

What I failed to spot is the Seeeduino does a very nice job of having the upper plugs in the shield pattern, but offsetting the holes for the matching pins so they can fit onto protoboard. Genius! I'm sure everyone else in the community spotted this, I just didn't make the connection.


See the offset on the AREF - D8 pins at the top, this means it will fit onto a protoboard.

With this in mind I've ordered another couple of boards for some projects I have in mind and hopefully will get round to posting up.


I'm also liking the idea of the Stalker that I only noticed today.... hmmm, have some ideas for that too...



No comments:

Post a Comment