Thursday 30 January 2014

Silverlight in Blogger

Did a bit of reading at lunchtime and a bit more playing this evening to get this to work. As most of my coding is in C#/Siverlight I thought it would be neat to be able to publish up some of the smaller ideas on blogger with some comments, get some opinions etc... there are quite a few posts on how to do this, it's just a matter of working through them and finding something that works.

I decided to host on drop-box as it is free and works without too much trouble. The biggest challenge is that most of the examples refer to Public folders which drop box removed recently. There are some useful posts how to get this re-enabled. I did consider and look into using GoogleAppEngine (GAE) as an alternative. I liked the idea of the common Google infrastructure, unfortunately this requires quite a bit more messing around and also limits to 10 applications. I probably want to post more than that, but only simple examples.

Finally, it would have been nice to be able to do this with Google docs, but it looks like the limitation on this like many other file hosting sites is sending the correct MIME type for the XAP files.

Lastly the reason for dropbox vs. some of the smaller file engines. Simply, most of the others are blocked at work and I thought that some of the little apps I put up might be useful to reference at work.

So, here, goes, following tradition a hello world Silverlight application embedded in Blogger. More interesting ideas to come:


And, little note to myself... don't forget to get the right URL.... here's the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment