Tuesday 23 September 2014

Bare Conductive


Finally after a long time waiting and multiple delays the BareConductive board has arrived. I saw this on Kickstarter just a little too late to get in and so had to be content with one of the first pre-order batches. The packaging and product looks great. Also, according to my eldest daughter it's the first day of Autumn today, so I think it might just be legitimate to start considering getting the soldering iron out again and start on the winter projects when the clocks go back.



And here are some more pictures of what arrived:


I've got a couple of ideas for this board, which I've been thinking about since I ordered it. It's got an Atmel ATMega32U4 is pin-compatible with Arduino boards and most notably as it has the VS1053B audio processing board that I have been playing around with previously integrated along with a MPR121 capacitive touch sensor which should allow some interesting applications. They've also made the battery faff a bit less faff with a LiPo recharging circuit built in and 5V supply.

I love some of the ideas on the BareConductive site, particularly the Boombox Kit.


















No comments:

Post a Comment