Friday 5 September 2014

LiveCoding and Swift Audio

So, with everything else going on over the summer I finally got a chance to take a look at Swift Playgrounds and have a look at what kind of LiveCoding opportunities it presented. I was spurred on by Jamie Bullock's Live coding audio with Swift playgrounds  posting which has been well linked. Unfortunately I ran straight into the same problem that Kevin Irlen posted and did a bit of digging to find the problem which was easily identified by googling the functions and checking on the Apple Dev site - looking at the AVAudioMixerNode it clearly indicates that AVFoundation is for iOS8 or here for Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite). I've added this comment onto the post for others.

As my home machine is used for lots of other things I'm a bit reluctant to put a dev build of Yosemite on so will have to wait a little longer before playing with this audio example playground. Shame.


Update - the temptation was finally too much and I decided to give this a go on Yosemite....

No comments:

Post a Comment